Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I’m back…I hope…

Well, it’s been quite a while since I last posted.  It has been a very rough start to the new school year.  Other than the usual busy, busy first couple of weeks of the year getting to know my students, getting lesson plans done, getting used to a brand new administration at my school and the usual drama with my own 3 kids, one starting college another Jr. High…my youngest brother passed away unexpectedly Labor Day weekend.  My brother is in the military and stationed in Nebraska—he and his family had only been there 3 days when the accident happened.  We left Texas immediately to be with his family and help make arrangements for my brother to be brought home to Texas.  I have always had the upmost respect for people who serve in the military and their families, but after my experience, I have to say that my respect grew immensely. If any of you are from or around Offutt AFB, thank you for all the kindness you have shown my family and especially my sister-in-law and my niece and nephews.

That being said, I’m excited to get back to blogging and more importantly blog hopping and stalking!  I’ve got so many questions I want answers to and you all are just the people to help! 

I will talk to you all soon!  I’ve got staff development to get ready for tomorrow….

Together for our kids,

Denise

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry for your family's lose and rough times. I am from Omaha {born and raised} and am happy that my home town showed all of you compassion and how great this place really is during such a hard time for your family.

The Bubbly Blonde

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are feeling. I'm so happy to hear the Nebraska community was wonderful to you all.

Post a Comment