Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Use It or Lose It

We do a lot of assessing...I mean A LOT of assessing in my district.  Sometimes I think we do so much assessing that we don't have time to teach the stuff we are assessing on.  I'm sure most...if not all...of you can relate.  Because a lot of 2nd grade assessments are done 1:1, I am always in need of something to keep the other 23 kiddos busy.  I made this little  worksheet "activity" to be done after 20 minutes of independent reading.  This buys me a good 30 minutes of quiet time to assess skills.

This is pretty basic and EASY to differentiate.  On my grade level I started using the term, "Use or Lose" whenever I share something.  I don't want anyone to feel that my feelings are hurt if they don't need it, want it,  or if it's just not their style.  (YES! I do belong to PPA--People Pleasers Anonymous.)  Anyway..."Use or Lose" has kinda stuck with us when anyone sees something cool they want to share.    




So, I hope you can use, but feel free to lose it if you can't.

Together for Our Kids,

Denise

4 comments:

Shannon Kirby said...

I think I'm in your club!! LOL! We also do a TON of testing in our district for 2nd grade. So I will definitely USE your worksheet (I mean activity) Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Shannon
Sweet n Sassy in 2nd

Second Grade Signpost said...

I like that phrase. I think I'll adopt that in my classroom too! Thanks for the great printable. Perfect for vocabulary-building and it gets the kids more actively involved with what they are reading. I am constantly reminding my kiddos to spend more time getting to know a book. They hurry though and it makes me wonder what they are really getting from it. I'll try this baby on Monday!
Stacy

محمد على said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة النمل الاسود بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الوزغ بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان

Clipping Solutions said...

I think this blog is many performative and informative.Thank for sharing.

Ghost Mannequin services

Photo Retouching Services

background removal service

Post a Comment