Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 1 of Being Pinspired!!

I have been gone a LONG TIME!! I wish I could say I was training for my 5th marathon, taking a sabbatical in the mountains, mountain climbing, and being whisked away by Bradley Cooper to an exotic location where we would…..well you get it….  But…..I wasn’t.  I was grading papers, planning lessons, looking and analyzing data, dealing with my personal children, sitting and eating in front of the TV and/or computer... IE…Living the LIFE!!

I have continued to blog stalk and keep up with everything on Pinterest and I would now like to coin a new word….You read it here first….PINSPIRED!!!!  Yes, I have been “pinspired” by so many of you, that I would like to share my “pinspirations” with you in hopes that you may be “pinspired” by me.  Smile  Over the next couple of days, I will share with you some of the things I’ve done with my Sensationally Wonderful 2nd Graders who also inspire me. I would also like to thank ALL of you Kind and Fabulous teachers who selflessly share your creations so that you not only touch the children in your own classroom, but hundreds of others by making learning a little more fun. 

1.  Here’s what I did to wrap up our unit on Geometry.

Yikes! Snow 3

The kiddos had to think of a 3-dimensional object and then list a few attributes of that object as their clues.  Their picture was drawn in chalk—except for the object which was colored.  We stapled a page protector on top and then they covered the object with snow (shaving cream and glue).  To sum it up….You read the clues, take a guess, check your answer by lifting up the transparency.  It was a lot of fun and they got a lot of compliments on their creations.  I LOVE it when we can be creative with our learning!

Come back tomorrow for some more “PINSPIRATION”!

Together for Our Kids,

Denise

0 comments:

Post a Comment